P. O. Box 222324, Dallas, TX 75222
Systems analyst with mature judgment and solid background in software/hardware interfaces, low-level operating system functions, compiler/linker effects. Special interest in firmware/embedded systems in C and assembler.
Novell 1.01 - 5.0 (Novell CNE), MS-DOS 2.1 - 7.x, VM/386, Windows 3.1 - 2000 & NT, HP-UX Unix, AIX Unix, Linux, Xenix, MPM/86, as well as microprocessor systems without an operating system
Industry Specific Knowledge:
Manufacturing / Maintenance, General Construction, Pipeline Construction, Excavation, Tunneling, Ore Milling, Oil Production, Concrete, Recycling, Retail, Health Care, Agriculture, Financial, Accounting
Native speaker of American English, moderately fluent in Spanish, slight capability in German
KIC Industries 2002 - present
Analysis and programming for a Federally regulated, PC-based, mission critical electronic funds transfer system; using PC to mainframe SDLC communications with hardware encryption, written in C and 80x86 assembly language.
* Established single code repository, gathering source code from several teams
* Validated existing source code
* Wrote test hardware drivers to demonstrate integration of SDLC and encryption boards
* Supervised programming team, starting in 2003
* Currently training new programmers
Firmware analysis, system requirements analysis, firmware coding, and testing (both in Flash Memory and in an In-Circuit Emulator) for a radio frequency identification (RFID) reader/controller, using Toshiba TMP95FY64 Microcontroller (TLCS-900 family), processing input from attached digital signal processor.
* Compiled system requirements for migration of product from proprietary communications protocol to open protocol, including applications programming interface
* Compiled system requirements for joint venture to apply product to new use
* Implemented micro controller firmware to support new protocols, coordinated with hardware development team and Windows development team
* Performed antenna detection range tests to validate specifications
Embedded Systems Analyst
Hill-Rom Netlinx, 2000-2001
Analysis of an FDA regulated medical data collection device to validate specifications and recommend enhancements, with special emphasis on reliability and self-diagnostics.
* Documented 80486 PC-104 hardware platform and proprietary RS-232 interfaces
* Worked with hardware engineer, developed test cases to validate both the current hardware design and proposed hardware design changes, also for field diagnostics
* Wrote fall-back software in 8086 assembler to recover from hardware watchdog design failure, pending certification and implementation of hardware design change
* Identified unnecessary disk I/O introduced by compiler and operating system design; co-developed alternate I/O routines to minimize head movement and increase MTBF
EDS - Financial Services, 1999
Managed the EDS Cubic's credit union product, a specialized on-site accounting system for deposits, withdrawals, and loans; with associated interest and dividend calculations; credit card, ATM, and ACH transactions, and Credit Bureau reporting.
* Made budget projections, was responsible for cost, revenue, profit targets
* Established procedural measures and financial controls to manage inventory
* Resolved customer issues to collect overdue accounts, improve relationships
* Worked with vendors to ensure reliable supply of third-party products and services
Software Development Leader
EDS - Financial Services, 1995-98
Led the programming team for the EDS Cubic's credit union product.
* Established change control procedures, managed software releases to customer sites
* Resolved linker issues and set interface standards to enable creation of mixed-language programs in Visual Basic, C, and assembler
* Designed and implemented date algorithm based on number of days since 01/01/1601
* Performed Y2K analysis and led team in remediation of 100,000 lines of mixed code in Visual Basic, C, and Assembler, completed project on schedule
Adv. Programmer, LAN Admin
EDS - Energy, 1994-95
Maintenance and customization programming on Excalibur oil and gas accounting system for an EDS client in the oil exploration industry, with secondary responsibilities as LAN and UNIX administrator.
* Mixed LAN, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX; DOS/Windows, Unix, VAX, Sun, Novell
* Loaded IBM mainframe data through VAX tape drives and across LAN to Unix host
* Performed software enhancements in UniBasic programming language accessing UniData relational database on HP-9000 Unix host
* Resolved custom programming with new releases from third-party software vendor
Adv. Programmer, Team Leader
EDS - Travel & Transportation, 1992-94
Maintenance and development programming on a job cost and billing system for an aircraft maintenance client.
* Programming and database management of DataFlex relational database
* Contributed to change control procedures
* Team leader of 5 person maintenance team
* Member of object-oriented pilot project
* Facilitated requirements meetings
Analyst Resumes Free For Better Jobs